"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Therapeutic Communication, Reflections From A Nurse In Haiti

Readers are encouraged to follow the trials and triumphs of longterm volunteer Jessica Scott on her blog Therapeutic Communication.  The following is her first post upon arrival back in Haiti last month:
  • All my bags made it!
  • I found my driver with no trouble at the airport.
  • The patient I missed the most (Nadine) was sitting on the hospital steps when I arrived.
  • There is a very "America" grocery store about 3 blocks from here.
  • Amazing new friends in just 36 hours.
  • Headache meds have worked (two days in a row).
  • Sermon yesterday (Saturday=Sabbath) on total depravity...haha. Amazed at spot on theology.
  • Got to sing "Healing is in your Hands" offertory in church.
  • Preparations for Creole lessons underway. 
  • It's cooler than when I was last here!
  • Ortho Surgeon arrived last night. 
  • How Great is Our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment