"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Haiti's Heroes

“In medical school, they gave us disaster training,” says Dr. Dubique Kobel. “But I never thought I’d find myself in a situation like this.”
In the aftermath of the January earthquake that devastated Haiti, Dr. Kobel immediately began using his medical training to help his injured neighbors in Port-au-Prince. Today, as director of a PIH clinic that serves Parc Jean-Marie Vincent, a large settlement where 80,000 of earthquake survivors now live, he is still tirelessly providing medical care to those most in need.
Watch a video from the Abundance Foundation documenting Dr. Kobel’s work and life at Parc Jean-Marie Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment