"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Friday, December 10, 2010

Helping Hands

Got word early this morning that my upcoming Sunday AM flight back home was cancelled so I scrambled to find a flight midweek.  Late for worship, I was met at the front door to the chapel by one of the nurses shouting that a newborn was coding over in the pediatric ward.  I hollered to Tim and Scott inside and we all ran over to help.
The photo above says it all, many hands pitched in attempting to save the little fella's life.  Our efforts were initially successful but he passed on a few hours later.  But the image remains symbolic of Hopital Adventiste's "team effort" volunteer mentality.  I would like to introduce you to a small sample of some of the "helping hands" who have pitched in to get the job done during the past week.
Tim Downey (Appleton, WI) - Nurse Anesthetist
Brent Scully  (Walla Walla, WA) - General Contractor
Sebastian Nicora (Walla Walla, WA) - Electrician


Erin Scott (Washington, DC) - Photographer


Jere Chrispens (Yucaipa, CA) - Information Technology


Randy Tall (Goldendale, WA) - Electrician

No comments:

Post a Comment