"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Monday, May 17, 2010

Behind The Lens: Portrait Of Haiti

Introducing the Behind the Lens blog by Matt Schoolfield.  Matt recently accompanied the medical team below from Southwest Medical Group Plastic Surgery based in Washington State.

Matt is a graphic designer and talented photographer whose role it was to document the trip.  However, his duties soon expanded and he even found himself scrubbed in the operating room to lend a helping hand.
Matt writes: "I can't begin to describe what it meant to be part of this trip. It had been a dream of mine before and ever since the earthquake to come to Haiti and contribute anything I could to the relief efforts. Everyday I was humbled to witness extraordinary acts of selflessness and courage and Hopital Adventiste. I will never forget the volunteers, patients and extraordinary stories of survival. My hope is to inspire others and increase awareness of the tremendous need that still exists."

Make sure to take a look at the gallery of images collected from their trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment