"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Trials Of Job

The following story was authored by a Haitian podiatrist currently training in the US and was originally posted on the Team Sinai In Haiti blog.  
My name is Job Timeny. I was born and raised in Cap-Haitien, Haiti. I am a resident in Foot and Ankle Surgery at South Jersey Regional Medical Center, Vineland New Jersey. I am so glad to be part of Team Sinai. Ever since the earthquake, the desire to go to Haiti and serve my fellow Haitians was heavy on my heart. I was ecstatic when Dr Herzenberg invited me to come along while I was in a 2-months rotation at Sinai hospital.
Being able to help will be a way to connect with myself and give back to my country. To be honest, it could have easily been me in the current disastrous situation as many of my friends and classmates who moved to Port-Au-Prince to continue their education or simply for a better life. I was fortunate to instead move to the US to continue my education and now I am happy to return to my native land to serve those in need.
Gratitude, thank yous, and praises are not my motives. I’m fulfilling my duty as a Haitian-American and a physician.
“ Haiti renaĆ®tra de ses cendres.”

No comments:

Post a Comment