"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Friday, April 16, 2010

More "Junk For Jesus"

A truckload of broken wheelchairs and rusty beds without mattresses arrived at Hopital Adventiste today and workers commenced unloading "the gift."  In the image below you can see the look of gratitude on Jerry’s face.
An attempt was made to tell the chauffeur that he had arrived at the wrong location but he assured the staff that there was no mistake.
This incident and post hopefully serves as a gentle reminder that we all need to be careful before donating unclaimed treasures to a third world mission project.  Although the needs are great,  please examine the practicality of your intent before money and energy for transport then probable disposal is expended.

1 comment:

  1. I was sick when I heard about this. Hopefully I can help a lot more with this when I come back down.

    ReplyDelete