"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Things To Bring #11 - Laptop Computer

There is a communal computer present in the volunteer breakroom but it's  subjected to heavy use particularly in the evening.  If you're like me and find it hard to exist without  internet access and don't like to wait in line to check your email, bring your own laptop.
There is a relatively strong WiFi connection at HAH that only falters with one of the frequent power outages.  You can easily obtain the password (which often changes) from administration or from one of your fellow volunteers.
I stored my laptop underneath my cot in the volunteer sleeping quarters and did not fear for its safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment