"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" Albert Schweitzer

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things To Bring #14 - Fanny Pack

According to Wikipedia, fanny packs are considered unfashionable by most people and invoke the stereotypical visual of a displaced tourist known around the world. While I am NOT advocating a return to the 70s, wearing a fanny pack, or something similar, is a reasonable option to keep track of personal items while working in the ER, OR, wards, or clinic at Hopital Adventiste d'Haiti.
In mine I kept my passport, wallet, scissors, hand sanitizer, small camera, pen and pad, headlamp, and spare examining gloves.   In spite of the fact that I took heat from the residents for wearing one, I figure that if it's good enough for the Hulk, it's good enough for me.

Another option is a small backpack however that brings with it accessibility issues and I'm sure that I'd leave mine lying around someplace after I had taken it off.  Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment